Founded in 1873, The Wimmera Mail-Times is a tri-weekly newspaper and online news service provider featuring local, national and international breaking news, community events, sports, features and lifestyle stories to over 50,000 people. As the Wimmera region’s premier hard-news source, the newspaper is respected for its willingness to stimulate debate on public issues and guard with pride the interests of the region.
SENIOR JOURNALIST & ARTS EDITOR
– Completed 3-year cadetship in 18 months, industry trained, and graded to Senior Journalist title
– Breaking news and writing about issues of major international, national and local importance
– Evaluating news leads and news tips to develop story and feature ideas
– Editing, proofreading, approving final copy and producing specialist sections within the publication
– Networking regularly with local and national government figures and building industry contacts